Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Independence by Shelly Crane

Independence
Significance #4

Author: Shelly Crane

Publication Date: December 18, 2012

Genre: Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:


In the fourth and final installment, Maggie and Caleb must tie up all the loose ends of their lives and make a way to be together completely on their own. With everything that happened with Bish and Maggie's father, she's almost reluctant to move on and move out. And now she must figure out all of this...stuff...with Haddock. But of course, nothing can stay simple for the Jacobsons. Enemies who were thought to be dissolved have decided to not go down so easily. And old flames come calling for more than just Maggie. Caleb is torn between leading his family and personal wants. Maggie is torn between Caleb and being the leader of their people. But neither will let what they need most to be pushed to the wayside. They are determined to make it all work, design a plan toward destiny, and make everything right again for themselves and their family. 



And then there's a wedding...


My Thoughts: I had been waiting on this novel for what seemed a very long time.  When I finally held it in my hands (or rather, my Kobo with it newly loaded) I almost did a happy dance.  Okay, maybe I did do a happy dance.  I was so completely invested in Caleb and Maggie that it took no time for me to pick up exactly where I left off in the series.

This is the last book in a four book series that I adore.  If you check out my review for the first one, here, then you will know that I love the premise, background, lore and characters that are present throughout the series. It is also the first book that I wrote a review on, so the series has a special place in my heart.  But regardless of that, it is still one that is definitely worth checking out.

Maggie and Caleb are finally getting everything they have wanted, dreamed of and even seen.  Now that they both have their own places carved out for them in their world everything is beginning to come together.  That doesn't mean that they aren't overcome with hardships on the way though.  I did find that in this last novel, things weren't quite as dramatic as the previous ones.  Some of the tie-ups were very anti-climatic and almost strange how they happened, but at least everything got settled.

By the end of the novel, everything was tied up in a neat little bow - just as the end of the series should be.  It didn't leave you asking questions.  I also LOVED how at the end in the epilogue you get a sneak peek into the future after all of this is finished.  It really just added the icing to the top of the cake and made me feel like the story was really complete.

Given how much I loved the Significance series, Shelly Crane anything from Shelly Crane is definitely on my TBR pile.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.