Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (61)




Waiting on Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.



Going Vintage

Author: Lindsey Leavitt

Expected Publication Date: March 26th, 2013

Contemporary

GoodReads

Synopsis:

When Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, cheats on her with an online girlfriend, Mallory decides the best way to de-Jeremy her life is to de-modernize things too. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in1962, Mallory swears off technology and returns to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn’t cheat with computer avatars). The List: 1. Run for pep club secretary 2. Host a fancy dinner party/soiree 3. Sew a dress for Homecoming 4. Find a steady 5. Do something dangerous But simple proves to be crazy-complicated, and the details of the past begin to change Mallory’s present. Add in a too-busy grandmother, a sassy sister, and the cute pep-club presient–who just happens to be her ex’s cousin–and soon Mallory begins to wonder if going vintage is going too far.


Who doesn't love an awesome contemporary? And this one sounds great! I'd love to see how someone does giving up technology in a time where it's so much of our lives! Sounds like it's going to be a super cute read!


***
What are you waiting on this week?

16 comments:

  1. Not long to wait for this one! I am so excited for it as well, I loved Sean Griswolds 's Head by this author and Going Vintage sounds so cute and kitchsy!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything else by her, but this one just sounds super cute!

      Delete
  2. I plan on reading this one within the next few days, and I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound cute, even if it's not my usual fare. :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some good things about this book! I hope you'll love it :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks cute :) I hope you reaally like it!
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!
    Enter our FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY @ The Reading Vixens!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow :) And yes, this one does just look so cute!

      Delete
  6. Yes, I totally want to read this one, too!!

    Great pick!

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going Vintage sounds so good and so cute. Great pick! It sounds like the kind of Contemp I would love.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I really want to read this one. It's high on my wishlist! I love a good contemporary. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I go through phases with genres and right now I'm on a contemporary kick..lol

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.