Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (51)




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by  MizB at Should Be Reading



To Participate you:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS




This week's teaser comes from:



The Casual Vacancy

Author: J.K Rowling

GoodReads

Teaser:

Things denied, things untold, things hidden and disguised. The muddy River Orr gushed over the wreckage of the stolen computer, thrown from the old stone bridge at midnight.


My Thoughts: This book is taking me longer to read than usual. It's kind of slow paced and not overly great at holding my interest. That being said, it's not a bad book, it is good. It's just a different pace and style than I typically read. It reads kind of like an English TV drama of sorts.



6 comments:

  1. I keep *almost* picking this one up! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the teaser .. but I don't like slow paced books :-(
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book definitely has it's great moments. And I do enjoy most of the characters, they have really great depth. But yes, the pace is a little slow for me and it makes it hard to spend a lot of time reading it like I usually do with books.

      Delete
  3. I'm undecided about whether I want to read this book or not. After Harry Potter, everyone has such high expectations. It would be hard for J. K. Rowling not to disappoint. Your teaser makes me lean toward reading it.
    My Teaser is from TEN TINY BREATHS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also on the fence about this. Though I do tend to enjoy British village type things...

    Thanks for stopping by to say hi, Jen. Please don't worry that it's been a while. It's all I can do lately to get my posts up and respond to comments. I haven't been by here lately either :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.