Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Half World by Hiromi Goto

Half World

Author: Hiromi Goto

Publication Date: January 30th, 2009

Publisher: Puffin Canada

Genre: YA/Fantasy/Horror

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Melanie Tamaki is human—but her parents aren’t. They are from Half World, a Limbo between our world and the afterlife, and her father is still there. When her mother disappears, Melanie must follow her to Half World—and neither of them may return alive.


My Thoughts:  This book has sat on my shelf unread for far too long! I've been wanting to read this series for the longest time and I'm so glad I finally pulled it off the shelf and cracked it open. My high expectations were not let down.

If you are into the manga or Asian cultural scene at all then you definitely have to give this book a whirl. This was such a fantastic story filled with crazy extraordinary, literally out of this world adventure. It was dazzling and dark. It was eerie and breath taking. It was an epic struggle of evil and purity and more proof that sometimes even the smallest most seemingly insignificant people can completely change the course of the world and save our lives as we know them.

Half World is the story of 3 connected realms that have been knocked out of sequence. Every thing and every one has been doomed to remain in their realms eternally instead of passing on. But owing to the bravery of a few amazing characters all that is about to change.

I adored the character depictions, and the visuals this story held. I could envision all of it and it was all so deliciously creepy, dripping and oozing with creativity, with bursts of unexpected beauty and wonder. Melanie is a heroine we can all root for! She is just an average young girl faced with saving the world and re-connecting the realms. She's admittedly terrified and just barely stumbles her way through and because of that it was so easy to relate to her.

This book would be an enjoyable read for girls and boys of all ages! I even read some of it to my 4 year old daughter and she sat there and loved it :D. I am so glad I already own the sequel because I can't wait to see what happens next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.