Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty

Author: Jenny Han

Publication Date: May 5th 2009

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Genre: Contemporary

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.


My Thoughts: This book came highly recommended to me and it did not disappoint me! This is the perfect summer (or even winter) read. It's got beaches, romance and a main character who is just coming into the age where she's no longer in that awkward stage. You know what I mean, when you're too old to be considered a child and too young to be a young adult. Suddenly everything is becoming right for you. Goodbye awkwardness. And the boys she's been around her whole life? They're noticing!

At first I was kind of confused and wondering what kind of name Belly was. A nickname, durr. I kind of felt bad for Belly, she's been the only girl at the beach house every summer (except one when her best friend showed up) and being surrounded by boys kind of sucks. I know, I have 3 brothers. Lucky for her, they weren't all her brothers, but they mostly looked at her like a little sister, for awhile anyways. But suddenly, once she has grown up, she's a bit more interesting to the boys.

This story isn't all about summer love. There are definitely some points that are going to be tear jerkers for you, there were for me. It's a really great story and I'm very glad that I finally got around to reading it. I don't regret it for a moment. I do need to get around to reading the next book though! I really do! With how things ended, I really want to know what happens next. So if you're like me and have been looking at this one but haven't read it, you should! It's worth the read It's a really great story!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I loooove this one! :) I'm so happy you loved it! I hope you love the rest of the series, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so too! I just need to get around to reading it..lol

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.