Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimée Carter

The Goddess Inheritance
The Goddess Test #3

Author: Aimée Carter

Publication Date: February 26, 2013

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Thank you Harlequin Teen for the review copy via NetGalley

Genre: Fantasy/Mythology

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.





My Thoughts: This is one of my favourite series.  I love it and I think that this was a good ending to a series that has enraptured me from the first page.

The last book (Goddess Interrupted) left off at a massive cliffhanger for the readers and this novel picks up almost nine months later.  I wish I had seen more of the time in between those nine months, but for the flow of the novel and the series I could see how it was skipped.

This book was full of action, even more so than the previous ones had been.  I felt as though the romance in it was a little less consuming than the first and second one and kind of left me hanging for more, but nevertheless there were a lot of sweet scenes for everyone involved.  Plus, I understand why you wouldn't have time for romantic gestures and cuddling with all that was going on.  It really left you relieved at the ending when everything was finally in it's place.

The characters in this series are wonderfully developed - each and every one of them.  If you read this series and haven't checked out The Goddess Legacy a short story between Goddess Interuppted and The Goddess Inheritance you definitely should.  It made me look at the characters in this final book in a light that I never would have when reading it.  So, I enjoyed every character good and bad in this series.

The reader gets to see a new side of both Kate and Henry in this final novel.  Kate becomes more fiercely protective than she had ever been before and you get to (finally) see exactly what Henry can do and why he is so fearsome.  These two have been through so much together and if there is any reason to be glad an amazing series is over, it is because the characters you adore finally get some peace in their lives.

I did, however, really really miss the Underworld in this one.  I wish I had seen more of it!

Overall, I loved this book just as much as I loved the other ones.  I wish a few things had turned out differently, but that happens with almost every series people read.  I am pretty satisfied with the ending and I feel like all loose ends are tied up marvellously   If you haven't read this series yet, I highly suggest that you do.  It isn't something you would want to miss!





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this one! I've loved this series since it came out and am really looking forward to seeing how things wrap up. :)

    Thanks for sharing, Kristal!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.