Friday, June 28, 2013

Review: A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest

A Castle of Sand
A Shade of Vampire #3

Author: Bella Forrest

Publication Date: June 26, 2013

Thank You Bella Forrest for the review copy!

Genre: Paranormal

GoodReads

Synopsis:

What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin...

Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.

Meanwhile, the hunters are gaining formidable strength and resources by the day; they know that the safety of The Shade hangs entirely on its ability to remain hidden from them.

And a sinister secret lies in wait for Sofia within the bowls of an Egyptian desert ... a secret that threatens to crush her sandcastle much sooner than she could have expected.




My Thoughts: I love the Shade of Vampire series.  I think it is different and I really like how the vampires are portrayed in it - like real vampires, not some idealistic envisonment of them.  Every time that a new Shade of Vampire is being released I get super excited.  I love the world that Bella Forrest has created with the vampires and hunters and the more I read about it the more I fall in love with it.

In this novel, we start out where the last one ended - much like the previous one.  I love that I can just pick up these novels and know exactly what is going on and not even miss a beat.  The story floods back to me the moment I start the book.

I love, love, love Sofia Claremont in this book.  She really does come into her own more than either of the previous books.  She seems to find where she belongs and what she needs to do.  Her and Derek's relationship really does become a partnership, vastly evolving from the first book. Sofia stands by her beliefs and doesn't let anyone deter her - even Derek himself.

Derek is just as awesome as ever.  I totally love him.  Just as much as Sofia comes into her own in this one, so does Derek.  Despite being hundreds of years old, he really hasn't been able to grow into the person that he needs to be in order to fill the destiny set out for him.  I feel like he has come a lot closer in this novel.  In many ways, he may have grown into himself more than Sofia.

I am really looking forward to the next installment in this series.  Although this one had tragedy and triumph, I feel like the next one may indeed be the best one of the whole series (which is saying a lot if you have read my reviews on the other two as well).  I really applaud Bella Forrest for creating such a unique and awesome world for me to escape to.  I am definitely staying tuned for the next one!








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.