Monday, September 3, 2012

Review: Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Dante's Girl

Author: Courtney Cole

Publication Date: June 24, 2012

Publisher: Lakehouse Press

Genre: Contemporary

GoodReads

Synopsis:

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.

Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.

2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.

3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.

4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.

5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.



My Thoughts: I would first like to say that I am completely in love with Dante Giliberti. He has is as charming as they come and is the kind of gentleman that just doesn't seem to exist anymore. Jeeze, that boy had me at "Hello" in this one. I mean, what other kind of wonderful man sweeps you off of an airplane, into a private helicopter and takes you to his home in paradise?

Did I mention he was rich?

Well, enough about wonderful Dante.  This story is also about Reece.  Yes, she knows it is a boys name.  Her father, an ISA agent, had his heart set on a boy.  He was certainly surprised when a daughter was put into his arms.  After her parents' divorce, her father moved to London for work, where she has spent every summer until this one.  Instead, she ends up taking off with the son of a Prime Minister of a Mediterranean country she has never heard of.

I loved this book.  It was something like out of a fantasy. A rich, gorgeous, nice boy comes and takes you on a summer adventure. I'll admit I wouldn't put it down, as I was living vicariously through Reece. A  Maserati, palace, formal dining, and a few bumps along the way.  This is a summer love story that I would gladly read again.



2 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around lately. It sounds like a fun book. I'll probably give it a try when I get the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read this one!!! So glad you enjoyed it! It does sound cute and fun and who doesn't love a rich man?!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.