Monday, September 24, 2012

Review: My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save
(Soul Screamers #2)

Author: Rachel Vincent

Publication Date: December 29, 2009

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Genre: Fantasy/Supernatural

GoodReads

Synopsis:

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...



My Thoughts: Things have completely changed for Kaylee Cavanaugh since the previous book, My Soul to Take.  After a tragic loss, Kaylee's father has returned for good and she has moved in with him - for the first time since she was a toddler.  It is taking some major adjustments on both of their parts, with Kaylee having more rules than she ever did with her aunt and uncle.

I like that with each book I read I am learning (along with Kaylee) more and more about the weird world that she lives in - and the one she doesn't.  The Netherworld is full of fiends and hellions and killer plant life.  Things that Kaylee can't even imagine, but has to face along with Nash and Tod in order to save the souls of two semi-famous sisters.

I have to say, I did enjoy the previous book in the series more; however, with Kaylee learning how to harness her supernatural abilities in this book, I still found it completely enthralling.  The more I learn about the characters and the world they live in the more I want to read.  I love Kaylee's sense of responsibility and conscious, I love Nash's loyalty and bravery and Tod's personality.  The parents are pretty cool too.

And the sexual tension between Nash and Kaylee is so palapable that I could feel the heat radiating off of the pages!

I am fond of this series and can't wait to move onto the next one when I can squeeze the time in!



-

2 comments:

  1. great review...

    this is one series i really want to check out on but haven't had the time to do it yet......need to up my game then.

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy them so far and can't wait to get to the next ones. I hope you get the chance to check them out sometime :)

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.