Friday, March 16, 2012

RCC [Challenge 3]: Don't Be Such A Tease!

This is the third challenge for the  Review Copy Clean-up Challenge that I'm participating in for the month of March.This challenge is being hosted by Nyx Book Reviews and Books, Biscuits & Tea.

For this challenge, I will be giving you a small teaser from the book I'm currently reading for review. I'm not currently reading an arc, but I'm on the second book in the Unbidden Magic series by Marilee Brothers. that I received from NetGalley to review. Actually, I'm just about to start it, so the teaser will be right from the beginning of the book. 

Moon Rise by Marilee Brothers

   "Ouch!"
   The butt pinch happened when I bent over to puck up the quarter I'd dropped on the gym floor. I shot up, looking for the guilty party as a bunch of guys, high on hormones, drifted by. Oh, they were good... no fist bumps... no high fives. Nothing but smirks and sneaky sidelong glances. What else could one expect from a group including Cory Philpott, official school bully and my number one suspect?
    Someone had pinched my ass. It wasn't the first time, and I wasn't the only one. And it wasn't a gentle pinch followed up with a tender little pat signaling, Wow! You're hot. Maybe we could hook up later. No, it was nothing like that. It felt like a vicious Chihuahua had latched onto my right bun with razor sharp teeth.
   Yes, it's true. A serial ass pincher roamed the halls and gymnasium of John J. Peacock High School of Peacock Flats, Washington. But, not to worry. I, Alfrieda Carlotta Emerson Purdy, aka Allie, was determined to discover the identity of the perpetrator and make him accountable for his deeds.
 ---------------
I'm excited to be reading this series as I just finished the first book earlier today and it was pretty good, definitely made me want to read more. I hope you enjoyed my teaser!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha..great tease! Here is mine:http://www.kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/2012/03/review-copy-cleanup-challenge-3-dont-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I don't recall hearing about this series before, but you've made me curious. o: Glad you enjoyed the first one and hope you'll continue enjoying this!

    If you want to check out my teaser, it can be found here!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good so far, I'm not quite sure how much I have left of this second one, but it seems like it's getting toward the end :P
      It is kind of like the Sookie Stackhouse books, but aimed at YA :)

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.