Sunday, September 9, 2012

Owl Post (18)

Owl Post is a weekly feature at Owl Read It where we let you know what new books we got that past week as well as recap what reviews we've posted the past week. It's inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox meme.  

 Jenn's Haul:


Books Mentioned:
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Thank you ABRAMS and NetGalley!!
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Thank you Kristal!
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Thank you Giselle @ Xpresso Reads
Thank you Jean Book Nerd for the swag!!


 Meghan's Haul:
I just have one book this week and I have Jenn's awesomeness to thank for it! She bought a book in a series that she already had, and I didn't have it but I had the ones before it haha. So she gifted it to me! I love my fellow book nerd bestie :).
Thanks Jenn! <3



 Kristal's Haul:

This week I got a review copy of Ember by Jessica Sorenson (Thanks, Jessica!!) and Tiger's Destiny by Collen Houck (amazing!).  Oh, and my e-reader died today :(  Trying to convince my husband that I need the Kobo Glo for our anniversary :)

***

Reviews from this week:

***

What new reads did you get this week?

12 comments:

  1. OMG... I don't know what I would do if my e-reader died.... once my kindle wouldn't turn on (and I was travelling and needed to read stuff on it for work).... buuuuuuuuuut.... I held the power button for like... 3 minutes and then it worked. Google how to reset whatever e-reader you're using and there will be a thousand ideas and 9 times out of 10, I can get one of them to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be distraught, I have no idea how she's going to manage!

      Delete
  2. Yay for The Selection!! :) I look forward to seeing what you think of City of Fallen Angels ... it wasn't my favourite in the series.

    And yay for swag! I love swag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Selection was so good!!! I still have to read the first 3 books in TMI to get to CoFA, we'll see how I like it though!

      I also love getting swag!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo.... Splintered sounds really good! Great stuff, ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a Kindle with a messed-up display. Tried the reset thing that Steph mentions but no dice. Luckily Amaaon sent out a new one since it was only a few months old. But it was horrible, having all those books held hostage by technology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 my Kobo and would die without it! It has so many books on it!

      Delete
  5. Ahh I wanted to get Splintered! It sounds amaze-ing..But then my to-read list would just grow again..so I didn't lol. I hope you enjoy the Selection!

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound great! I don't have many review books for January yet, so it fits in the schedule for me!

      The Selection was amazing!

      Delete
  6. Yay glad you got it! And I hope you like the series the first 3 books are much better than that one. Great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the series is as good as everyone says!

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.