Friday, December 28, 2012

Review: Endure by Carrie Jones

Endure
Need #4

Author: Carrie Jones

Publication Date: May 8, 2012

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA

Genre: Fantasy/Mythology

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Zara is at the center of an all-out war, and an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Bedford is being ravaged by evil pixies and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends, she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king…

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.


My Thoughts: I read this series back to back in a whirlwind couple of days. I have to say, I really really enjoyed the series as well. I loved the first book, felt a small dull in the next few, but I am so glad that I stuck it out until the end because it was totally worth it.

The Need series is about a girl named Zara White and her journey. I loved watching her really and truly evolve and go through so much from Need to Endure. She was pretty awe-inspiring and I was glad to be in her head. The turmoil she goes through when facing moral dilemmas feels genuine.

Endure, in particular, is probably my favourite book out of this series. Not just because Zara ends up with the boy I was rooting for (YAY!) but also because of the action, the romance, the friendship and the obstacles they overcome.

Zara is the girl in Amnesty International. She tries to save the world, one letter at a time and is a pacifist. By this novel, all of her beliefs have been tested as well as her character. Nick is her first love and an overprotective alpha wolf with a black and white view of the world.

Astley is the pixie king that showed Zara that not all pixies are bad and turned her world from black and white to help her see the grey. He is respectful of her decisions and defends them (most of the time).

Again, I really liked this entire series and would recommend it! It has a lot of Norse Mythology in it, which I liked since I could discuss it with my husband since he loves it so much. The only negative I have about this book is that I wish a few more things were clarified for me in the end - but sometimes it is good to leave the viewers wanting more, I suppose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.