Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush
(Hush, Hush #1)

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Publication Date: October 13th, 2009

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Genre: Paranormal / Romance

GoodReads

Synopsis:

A SACRED OATH A FALLEN ANGEL A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


My Thoughts: I have heard a lot of raving about this book, maybe it was because of that, but I don't feel like it met my expectations. I had a very hard time getting into Hush, Hush.  Mind you, I did eventually get into it, but not until I was in the last 150ish pages. So the majority of the book was me just hoping that it was going to get better. I'm not really sure what it was that I didn't like other than just me not connecting with the characters. I had really wanted to love the book, but I just didn't. However, I will be reading the next in the series because, as I said, I did eventually get into the story. So while I really enjoyed the ending, there was still a lot of the book that was just "meh" for me. But hopefully, I'll enjoy the rest of the series. I could just be angel books that I don't like, but I've only read two, so I can't really judge the whole genre on just two books.

I'm not really sure what to say about this book because I liked it, I just didn't love it. I wasn't a huge fan of her friend Vee, since she was kind of stupid because she kept trying to push Nora and Elliot together when Nora really wasn't interested at all. But I just it felt like the book was mainly focused on relationships with guys and I'm just not the biggest fan of that. Nora was a good character herself, since she really wasn't just looking to have a boyfriend for the sake of it. As for Patch, he was a bit mysterious, and kind of the bad boy type. Which is always good.

So overall, I liked it because the end somewhat made up for the lackluster beginning (for me). So I will be reading the next in the series hoping that I will like it like the second half of the book. It was a slow climb into the excitement and sometimes that's ok, but I think I was expecting to much. Would I recommend the book? Yes, probably. If you're someone who enjoys anything angels and like to read about relationships.  Then it would probably be a great book for you. I'm just sorry I didn't enjoy the beginning half more because then I could say more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.