Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
(Gallagher Girls #1)

Author: Ally Carter

Publication Date: April 25th 2006

Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Genre: Spy Thriller

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her? Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.


My Thoughts: My Thoughts:  I really enjoyed this book. It was a nice change of pace to what I've been reading lately, and the awesome thing is that I could totally see this type of thing happening. I mean, who knows if the governments of the world seeks out exceptional children by looking at their grades? It could happen! And then they would train them to be spies, yeah, I'm not good enough apparently, because I never made the cut.

This book (I'm not going to say the name over and over because it's probably one of the longest book names I've seen..) is a very fun, and enjoyable read. It's fairly fast paced and follows Cammie as she falls in love for the first time. But Cammie isn't really supposed to be seeing this boy, she goes to an all girls school and they don't mix very well with the townies, since everyone thinks they are all rich, snooty girls. But she can handle it, she is a spy after all, sneaking around and being invisible is what she does.

I like Cammie as a main character because she is smart about everything, but has no clue about boys. She is good at what she does and is a very well developed character. I look forward to reading more about her adventures at Gallagher Academy with her friends. I want to see what kind of mischief they get into next time, and see what happens between her and Josh, if anything. I definitely recommend this fun, quick read! 



Thank you to Disney-Hyperion for letting me review this!

8 comments:

  1. I really like this series, I'm glad you enjoy this book :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally Carter is awesome. I love Heist Society, but haven't read this one. Thanks for the helpful review.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any of her other books, I'll have to check them out! I hope you enjoy this one when/if you read it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. This was on my goodreads suggestions. Thanks for your thouhts. I think I'll give it a go.
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do andI hope you enjoy it! It's a really cute and fun book!

      Delete
  4. I love this series! It's so cute. Not a serious read, but it's just a fun short read.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.