Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Resurrection by A.M Hargrove

Resurrection

Author: A.M Hargrove

Publication Date: January 18th, 2012

Publisher: Self-Published

Genre: YA/Romance/Paranormal

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Rayn Yarrister, the first-born son and Leader of The Guardians, has been imprisoned on Vesturon for breaking their most sacred of covenants. He is suddenly jolted by Maddie's telepathic pleas for help, as her life hangs in the balance. Can he alert The Guardians in time to save his soulmate? Or will he face his trial alone and broken without his one true love? In Resurrection (Book 2), The Guardians of Vesturon are facing their biggest challenges as Earth is threatened by an invading species from a distant planet intent on destroying it for its resources. The Guardians, as protectors of the universe, have been assembled to defend not only Earth, but other vulnerable worlds as well. The Yarrister family is threatened by an unknown entity intent on discrediting them. Will they uncover this plot in time to save themselves from ruin? Will The Guardians succeed in stopping the Xanthians, or will Earth be invaded and ravaged by this marauding species?


My Thoughts:To begin with, I absolutely loved  this book! The above summary does not do it any justice. The story packs so much more, but I guess it's better left as a surprise.

This story is the second in the Guardians of Vesturon series, the first being 'Survival', you can find me review for that one here. The story picks up exactly where we left off at the end of Survival, which is great because I would hate to miss out on any possible story line.

As is usual for Maddie, in this book she finds herself in terribly awkward situations, and even more near  death experiences. You really have to pity her sometimes, she is like a magnet for bad luck and trouble. The way she is portrayed, I almost see her as a little child, always getting into big messes, causing big problems, and Rayn's family is following her around and taking care of her, cleaning up her messes. At times, I wonder how they didn't explode or just ship her off, her episodes would probably be to much for me to handle, even if my brother was intensely in love with her. But, in this story, we get to see Maddie become a whole new person, making the title of this book pretty much perfect. It really is like a resurrection of Maddie. Gone is the Maddie we have known through book one and part of book two, by the end we have a brand new character that has grown in so many ways. You will come to admire her, love her, and be so happy for and proud of her. Going through Maddie's experiences with her and watching her grow was wonderful. I found myself biting my nails in anticipation, felt my stomach tying up in knots when things got intense, and ultimately I even cried.

Rayn also has some ups and downs in this book. We see sides of him that are surprising. Of course we know he is very protective of Maddie, but we get quite a good look at just how deep that emotion runs, and how it effects him during Maddie's trials and tribulations. Their love story is one I adore. I just wanted everything to be perfect for them, there are some major bumps in road for their relationship during this book, at times I feared the worst or caught myself thinking 'No! That's can't happen!'

Aside from Maddie's incredible character growth, and some amazing details we discover about her past that will shock you! There is also a big war waging between the Guardians and beings from another planet called Xanthians, who are attacking Earth with the plan to destroy it and steal all it's resources as theirs are near depletion. Rayn being the first born and a lead Guardian obviously plays a huge roll in this war, which obviously in turn plays into his and Maddie's relationship. For better or for worse, maybe a little of both, you will have to read it to see for yourself.

I know I said this in the beginning, but I full out loved this book. For a while at the beginning everything was going so well, and I was so happy, and then of course, you know something has to go wrong, at that point, It was impossible for me to stop reading. after I reached 60% I didn't stop reading till I was done, I couldn't! I was up way into the night, without feeling even slightly tired, because the story was just to enthralling. I seriously can not wait to read book three. I can't wait to sink my literary teeth into more of the world that Hargrove has created for us with these books. I absolutely recommend that you get out there and find yourselves some copies of these books, You will fall in love when you read 'Survival', and then Resurrection will rock your world! I'm willing to bet that the third installment will be even better! I want to send out a great big thanks to A.M Hargrove for sharing this book with me, I told her how much I loved Survival and she in turn gave me Resurrection, I am sincerely grateful! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with me, I can't wait to see what happens next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.