Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publication Date: March 25th, 2008

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Genre: YA/Paranormal/Romance

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father. To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?


My Thoughts: Yes, I agree. It took me way to long to read this book after reading City of Bones: review here. I finished City of Bones just before moving to our new house and after we moved I just kept ending up with other books in my hands. But here I am finally posting a review for the sequel. And  I won't make the same mistake again, City of Glass will be following soon.

If I thought City of Bones had me on the edge of my seat chewing my fingernails like mad, then this book had be laying on the floor fingerless. Yes I just said that, yes I am that lame. If you like drama in your books, then this  series is definitely for you. I am just overwhelmed with the overflowing amount of drama and character conflict and suspenseful plot and shocking developments. I read through this book pretty quickly, I always had to literally force myself to put it down. I spent about to days with this book in front of my face 70% of the time at least. I was up late every night wide awake because I just could not stop. There is no stopping point in these books. There is never a single moment where you're like, yeah this looks like a good point to take a break. Nope, every page and chapter is filled with intense excitement, mass amount of angst and emotion and heart breaking events.

Seriously, this is a series you need to pick up. As soon as you can. Cassandra Clare is an amazingly talented writer and every book I've read by her so far has been so captivating and phenomenal. I find myself giving lots of praise to lots of books lately. I guess there are just so many great ones out there. I will probably never get to read them all, which is a sad thought indeed. I look forward to my own retirement where the reading will never end. Seriously.

Another sad thought is that I own City of Glass but I have yet to purchase the rest of the series. That is something I am going to have to do very soon. Or I will roll over and die of anticipation and anxiety from needing to know what happens next.

Jace is pretty much one of my favorite characters from a story ever. I don't even know how to describe it. I just freaking love him. I've always got this feeling in my stomach when I'm reading about him. He is one of the best male characters of all time in my opinion. I can't think of another male character that carries half the emotional capacity and strength and determination that he does. He's amazing to say the least. I'd like to see you read these books and not just fall in love with him. And the tension and chemistry between him and Clary. My goodness, if my heart doesn't explode because it's beating so hard before I finish this series, I'll be incredibly surprised.

And just like my last review for this series, I've told you pretty much nothing about the plot line. I really don't want to. I don't want to give a single thing away, so you can experience it all for yourself. So you can see for yourself how incredibly hard it is to close the book and put it down. See if you can't keep the story and characters out of your head for five minutes. This series will take you over, and you will love it haha.


4 comments:

  1. This is a great series! Glad you are enjoying it. I kind of felt like book 4 wasn't as good and I still need to read book 5 but the series is definitely well worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished book #3 this morning and immediately went to the store and bought book #4. It's smaller than the others ones so I'm a little sad lol, but super excited! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this one too! This is actually the only series I've ever read out of order and this was the first one I read. I still have to read book 5 and I'm not sure what's taking me so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other books get in the way sometimes, I totally understand haha. I have series that I love and I should be finishing but they just keep coming out with more awesome books and I keep discovering awesome ones all the time haha.

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.