Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publication Date: March 24th, 2009

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Genre: YA/Fantasy/Romance

GoodReads

Synopsis:

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?


My Thoughts: This series just continues to get better and better with each installment.  You probably already know how much I loved the other books based on my previous reviews. So my undying love for this book should come as no surprise.

In this book, pretty much all previous conflict comes to a head and the drama and suspense that I enjoy so much in this series is increased twofold at least. I don't want to tell you what comes to a head because I don't want to tell you which pieces of the puzzle come together. If you've read the series you know there is so much going on at all times. We're always torn by multiple conflicts at once. And I freaking love it. But in  City of Glass we get to see a lot of those things work themselves out, and we get a lot of answers to our questions that have been putting our anxiety through the roof.

I almost make reading these books sound painful haha. But the fact is, there just aren't many books out there that make me feel as intensely as these ones do. Every emotion is brought to it's breaking point and usually sits there for a while taunting us before it ultimately crashes and subsides only to start all over. There I go again making it sound painful. While reading these books might be a little painful, because of what I said above, but they are also extremely enjoyable, incredible, captivating, mesmerizing, and much more.

For me, this book was intensely fulfilling as my largest quandary finally met it's end. I closed this book and I immediately went to the store and bought the next in the series as I only owned the first 3. I was really lucky they even had it, because there isn't much of a selection in my town for books =p.  The nearest book store to me is about an hours drive. How terrible a fate is that? Hence, why I usually buy my books online. Also, it helps me sucker my husband into buying me books every time we do venture into the big city haha :). So anyway, you will be seeing a review for City of Fallen Angels soon!

If you haven't started this series yet, I strongly recommend you get on it, post haste. There are few that I would rank along side these books. They stand in a league of their own. Cassandra has created a series that will have people falling in love for years and years to come, I'm sure!



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed City of Glass. I actually wish she had ended the series here. It just came together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I had that thought when I finished it. I thought, this almost seems like a great place to end it, she really didn't have to continue on from there. But at the same time I am so excited to get more of the characters I love :D.

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.