Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (32)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by  MizB at Should be Reading 

To Participate you:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS
-Share the Title and Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR if the like your  teaser 


This week's teaser comes from:
Messenger

Author: Lois Lowry

GoodReads

Teaser:

"There were so many places. Sometimes, hearing the stories, remembering his own childhood, Matty was astounded. At first, having found his way to Village, he had thought his own brutal beginnings - a fatherless hovel for a home; a grim, defeated mother who beat him and his brother bloody - were unusual. But now he knew that there were communities everywhere, sprinkled across the vast landscape of the known world, in which people suffered. Not always from beatings or hunger, the way he had. But from ignorance. From not knowing. From being kept from knowledge."

I know, my teaser is long this week. But I just thought it was a really great one for the book, and the whole series really. Hope you like it, this series is really good! Don't know what took me so long to read it.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one. I found The Giver sort of baffling and didn't carry on with this loosely connected series. My teasers are for Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson and The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series aren't really directly connected, but messenger is one where the previous two kinda come together. So it was interesting in that aspect for sure. I'm curious to see what will happen in Son, the final installment. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I want to read this so badly...just found it yesterday! How interesting that I never knew there were more books after The Giver! Great teaser!

    Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=10524

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew it was a series until recently as well haha. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :). It's a great read! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Very, very powerful teaser...thank you. I like Lois Lowry.

    Nice blog...NEW FOLLOWER.

    My teaser is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-1092012.html

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.