Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

 
 Son
by Lois Lowry
Expected Publication: October 2nd, 2012

Synopsis: Told in three separate story lines, Lois Lowry’s Son combines elements from the first three novels in her Giver Quartet — The Giver (1994 Newbery Medal winner), Gathering Blue, and Messenger — into a breathtaking, thought-provoking narrative that wrestles with ideas of human freedom. Thrust again into the dark, claustrophobic world of The Giver, readers will meet an intriguing new heroine, fourteen-year-old Claire. Jonas from The Giver is here too, and Kira, the heroine of Gathering Blue. In a final clash between good and evil, a new hero emerges.

 ***
 Finally, we're going to see more from Jonas. I'm actually really looking forward to this book because I read The Giver waaaay back when I was in elementary school, it was my first dystopia, not that I knew what dystopia was back then. I've actually read it twice because I liked it so much the first time. I only recently realized that there were two more books published in  the series, so I will be reading those as well. I should have some reviews for them up before October :)

***
What are you waiting on this week?

16 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty interesing. Great pick. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1967

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I've only read the first one in this series and had no IDEA that it was part of a series. I guess I should check out the other 2 now ... I really enjoyed The Giver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was extremely excited to discover that there were more book to the series! The Giver was a great book! I'm really excited to read this one as well :)

      Delete
  3. I had no idea Lois Lowery was coming out with another book! Great pick! Here's my WoW: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the Giver! I think I need to make it a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it! It's actually pretty short, but really, really good!

      Delete
  5. OMG, i LOVE Lois Lowry. She's a great speaker too. She came by our public library, and gave a terrific talk. This is definitely on my to read list. I'm a new follower.

    Please come see my pick/blog at Ensconced inYA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super jealous that you've met her!! She is a great author! Thank you so much for the follow!

      Delete
  6. Another Lois Lowry book?! How have I not heard about this? This is awesome! Thanks for sharing -- awesome pick!

    New follower :)

    Alyssa
    The Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! More Lois Lowry! I'm very excited!! Thanks for the follow!!

      Delete
  7. Great choice, looks awesome. love the blog and followed on GFC.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited for it! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  8. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2200

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.