Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (20)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by  MizB at Should be Reading.

To Participate you:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS
-Share the Title and Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR if the like your  teaser :)


This week's teaser comes from:

"I don't want advice."
"Nobody does. It's a giver's present. Go through the motions, Adam."
"What motions?"
"Act out being alive, like a play. And after a while, a long while, it will be true."
"Why should I?"
Samuel was looking at the twins. "You're going to pass something down no matter what you do or if you do nothing. Even if you let yourself go fallow, the weeds will grow and the brambles. Something will grow."

I know I've already teased this one a little while ago, but I'm still working on it haha. I tend to read a bit of it in between other books, and right now I'm in between books so I've been reading it a bit. It is a really good book, but I gotta read shorter books in between or I feel like I'm not getting any reading done haha. :) Hope you liked the teaser!

***
What are you teasing this week?

6 comments:

  1. I need to reread this one! You've reminded me of what I love about Steinbeck's books.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read this one and Grapes of Wrath. I really like this one, Grapes of Wrath not to much =P.

      Delete
  2. I thought I remember someone TT on this book... Enjoy your read :)

    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like John Steinbeck's books. I like books that move along that keep me anxious to find out what happens next. Sounds like this one doesn't do that.

    Here's a link to our 3 along with a giveaway: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers-affair-giveaway-i-hunt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not be fast paced, but Steinbeck does create amazing characters with depth that I think rivals most. It's an interesting story line even if it moves a little slowly. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.