Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (27)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

by A.G Howard
Expected Publication: January 1st, 2012

Summary: For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell—the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.



I love twists to classic stories and this one sounds like it will prove to be a great one! I know I can't wait to read it :). Plus, I am seriously loving this cover!

***
What are you waiting on?

***


17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank much! And thanks for following, I followed you back :).

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for this one too. The cover is so much fun. I can't believe we have to wait so long. My WOW
    -Melissa @HarleyBearBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, this cover is beauuutiful :). Hopefully the wait won't feel so long with so many other good books to read as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait for this one either! It sounds fantastic!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait will be long, hopefully it'll be worth it! I'm thinking it will be :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I saw this somewhere else the other day and thought it sounded great!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually saw it on someone's wow a couple weeks ago, and Ia added it to my TBR to! :) Sure sounds like a good one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I really love the cover of this one. I heard about it last week and I can't wait to grab a copy. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! It's beautiful :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Ooo, I hadn't heard of this one before. I just love that cover.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's beautiful for sure :) I want to have this one on my shelf! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! It sounds really amazing! I really like the cover.
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read it :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Meghan, thanks so much for spotlighting Splintered on your WOW! It was a very fun write. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.