Monday, August 6, 2012

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: July Link-Up Challenge

So I've been participating the the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. I reached my goal awhile ago, so now I'm just seeing how far I can get. I apparently have a lot of books on my TBR.

The link up for the July reviews is hosted at Mission to Read

For the monthly challenge, we are to compare any two international covers of our choice. I chose a new release, Thron of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I love the covers, but love the UK one justa bit more than the US one.


I guess I just feel like it stands out more, to me anyways. Plus Celaena just looks so much more bad ass on it! Maybe it's just because the US version kind of looks like most YA covers, I find a lot are just a phot of a girl, so the sketch stands out more and I feel Celaena looks more unearthly? Just how I feel.

Which cover do you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. Good job with the challenge! I signed up but am doing soooo poorly with it! I'm really going to have to rethink my challenges for next year -- try something new. Obviously me working through my TBR pile is just not gonna happen.

    Throne of Glass looks so good! Everyone's been gushing about it -- might have to pick it up soon. :) I definitely like the UK cover more -- it's different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at how well I've done so far on it! It's crazy really... I guess it helps that there are so many books that I've wanted to read!

      I so can't wait to crack open my copy (no literally because breaking spines manes me sad ) of Throne of Glass, it's sitting there staring at me!

      Delete
  2. Both look great but I think I like the kickass nature of the UK one a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.