Thursday, August 30, 2012

Review: Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto

Heaven
Halo Series #4

Author: Alexandra Adornetto

Publication Date: August 21st, 2012

Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Genre: Paranormal

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Bethany, an angel sent to Earth, and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier, have been to Hell and back. But now their love will be put to its highest test yet, as they defy Heavenly law and marry. They don’t tell Beth’s archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, but the angels know soon enough, and punishment comes in a terrifying form: the Sevens, who are rogue angels bent on keeping Beth and Xavier apart, destroying Gabriel and Ivy, and darkening angelic power in the heavens. The only way Bethany and can elude the Sevens is to hide in the open, and blend in with other mortals their own age. Gabriel and Ivy set them up at college, where they can’t reveal their relationship, and where there is still danger around each corner. Will Bethany be called back to Heaven – forever – and face leaving the love of her life?


My Thoughts: I really enjoyed reading Heaven and wrapping up this series.  It tied up most of the loose ends, there was only one thing that left me unsatisfied and that was the ever-turbulent sort-of relationship between Bethany's best friend Molly and the Archangel Gabriel.  Other than that, I think that Heaven did an extraordinary job at tying up.
I enjoyed the change in dynamic after Bethany and Xavier got married.  Too bad their honeymoon involved college and them pretending to be brother and sister!  Their college life really got a few good laughs out of me and really put into perspective how much Bethany and Xavier have given up to be with each other.  If they hadn't fallen in love they would have both been able to have a regular college experience after high school with their peers.
Bethany grew up.  After being in Hell in the last book, she has certainly come into her own.  No longer the little angel we first got to know, Beth gets a bit more bite in Heaven.  Xavier is still a quick-tongued smart ass who is nothing but protective and tender to Beth and that is one of the things I love most about him.  
Oh, and we get to see another side of Gabriel.  He certainly comes out of his shell in this book.
All-in-all, I think Heaven was pretty great.  I could totally see a spin-off series around Gabriel though, which I would pick up in an instant since he was one of my favourite characters.  If you haven't read Heaven yet, you should pick it up.  If you haven't read the series yet, I encourage you to look into it!



4 comments:

  1. gr8 review. i think this trilogy is not for me but glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the series :) I think the second book "Hades" was my favourite out of them all though

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this. Angel books are kind of hit or miss for me. But it's great when a series wraps up and leaves you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series even though some get annoyed with Bethany! So good to hear she really grows up and gets bite. Excited to see her and Xavier married and in college but sad to hear they have to pretend to be brother and sister?! Gross! LOL Also love Gabriel and also sad to hear him and Molly weren't resolved.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.