Sunday, August 26, 2012

Owl Post (16)

Owl Post is a weekly feature at Owl Read It where we let you know what new books we got that past week as well as recap what reviews we've posted the past week. It's inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox meme.  


Jenn's Haul:
I'm not going to list them all because I'm far too lazy! So just the YA this week.

Books Mentioned:
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Thank you HBG Canada!! 
Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennet
Thank you Jude @ In Between!


Meghan's Haul:
I've actually got a decent sized haul this week. It's been a while since I've gotten this many books in one week, and I only spent 11$!
Bought:
This is all 3 books in one, and I got it for 1$ :) Score!

I don't know how many of you read the "Little Golden Books" when you were younger, but I definitely did! I used to have a ton of them. So when I found this set of 55 of them for 10$, I absolutely had to get them for my kids! :)

Free
I actually went to a yard sale with the full intention of paying for these books. But, when I brought them up and asked how much she wanted she told me I could have them all for free. I was stunned  haha. I actually had 8 more books besides these that I got for my mom, so that's 16 free books! :)

For Review:


Much thanks to A.M Hargrove, Christine Anderson, & Holly@FullMoonBites for the review copies!
I'm especially excited for Deteminant! I love the Guardians of Vesturon Series so much!

Kristal's Haul:
Kristal is moving today, so she is too busy to post :)

***

Reviews from this week:

***

What reads did you get this week?

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy all your books :) I loved Kissed By an Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- Nick and Norah and the Diviners!!
    And my friend LiterallyJen LOVED the Kissed by an Angel series. She keeps trying to get me to read it.
    Hope all of you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I like both of them :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I've heard good things, I look forward to reading it :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great books! I really want to read The Diviners! It looks AWESOME! :) I wasn't the biggest fan of Nick & Norah, but I hope you like it, Jenn! By the way, I'm JEALOUS of your current read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you jealous? Haven't you already read This Dark Endeavour? I swear I read a review of it on your blog!

      I'm excited to read The Diviners!! And Nick & Norah is so short!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I figured I would drop by here while I have a second! I got "Dante's Girl" by Courtney Cole this week as an e-book and pre-ordered "Tiger's Destiny" by Collen Houck which I am super excited for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEEEEED the Tiger's Curse series!!!!! Need it.

      Delete
    2. I've only read the first book in the Tiger's Curse series. But I really loved it! I really need to get the rest of the series! :)

      Delete
    3. OMG You BOTH need to read them ALL. Like, right now. I am so passionate about this series I could talk about it forever. Seriously, BUY THEM ALL!!! :D

      Delete
  5. OMG so much awesomeness! I used to read the Golden Books! You're so lucky you found so many. I think mine were given away :(

    Enjoy Kissed by an Angel. It's one of my favourites. I really loved that one. And The Diviners is on my iPad waiting to be read too!


    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #17

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.