Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (33)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

The Casual Vacancy
by J.K Rowling
Expected Publication: September 27th, 2012

Summary:
When Barry Fairweather dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Fans all over the world are holding their breaths for this book! Rowling's first release since Harry Potter, and it's an adult book! For those of us that grew up reading Harry Potter it's absolutely perfect! Her last story was one that will be loved and revered for ages, and rightly so. I cannot wait to see what she brings us next!! I am more than sure it will be something wonderful! :D

***

What are you waiting on?

11 comments:

  1. The blurb doesn't really grab me, so I'll probably be waiting to see what people say. But I'm sure it will be a page-turner nonetheless!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blurb is kind of vague, but I'll definitely be reading it just on the grounds of who wrote it :).

      Delete
  2. I'll admit I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan...so I'll have to decide before picking this one up! Thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this one should be entirely different :) Especially since she's writing for adults this time!

      Delete
  3. I'm still not sure if I'll read this. Loved Harry Potter though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter was a literary masterpiece <3. I am really looking forward to her adult book, even if it's not Harry Potter related haha.

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be reading bthis, despite being a massive Harry Potter fan this sounds boring to me, I feel terrible for saying that but meh :/

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't make you a horrible person!! Everyone likes their own thing haha :).

      Delete
  6. yeeeeeeeeeeeeess.... Can. Not. Wait.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.