Friday, August 3, 2012

T.G.I.F. (8)



Thank Great Illustrators Fridays is a book meme created and hosted by Owl Read It.

They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but a lot of the time the cover is what draws you to the book in the first place.  This meme is to show appreciation to the artists who put their time and effort into creating the great book covers of our beloved series.

To Participate:
  • Pick a book cover you love (any book will do - released or not)
  • Post the picture of the book along with the author, publisher & the illustrator of the cover (if you can find it, if not, that's okay too!)
  • Post a brief summary of why you like the cover.  
  • Take the pic above and link back to us :)

This Week's T.G.I.F. Cover:

Die for Me by Amy Plum
Published: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Illustrator(s): Can't find a name. If you know, please tell me :) And thank you, whoever you are!

Short Summary: In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent...


My Thoughts:  This week I chose a book on my ever-expanding "to-read" list.  This one first caught my attention by the cover.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I love how the designs in the sky creep down her arm and dress.  The use of the pink gets me too!


What are your favourite book covers? Leave us a link to your own T.G.I.F! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new meme! That is a really beautiful cover. I love the scroll design, and the red dress, and of course ... Paris!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.