Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me
(Reverants #1)

Author: Amy Plum

Publication Date: May 10, 2011

Publisher: HarperTeen

Genre: Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.



My Thoughts: Oh, I love a good book about something paranormal that hasn't already been done a million-and-one times. Revenants are something almost completely new and intriguing. I see them as a mix between Zombies and Guardian Angels/Demons - which is so weird but it totally works in this case!

Kate is scarred from her parents tragic deaths which caused her and her sister to leave their home in America to live with their grandparents in Paris. So, naturally, the person that Kate falls for is doomed to die over and over in a number of gruesome ways. Oh, fate is cruel sometimes. I guess it helps that Vincent is absolutely gorgeous and an almost perfect gentlemen. 

In fact, I love all of the revenant boys.  Even the old ones (in a grandfatherly manner).  It took me a little time to warm up to a couple of them, but it was well worth the wait!

Paris in and of itself is a gorgeous backdrop for any novel and has a life of it's own. It is beautifully described, making the book all the more amazing. I actually felt like I was strolling down the streets of Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower and visiting artisans. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.

I regret not buying and reading this book before. It's cover always got me (beautiful!) and it has been on my "to-read" list for what seems like forever! I would recommend it to pretty much everyone I know. I can't wait to start the next one. There is definitely still more to learn about Kate, Vincent and the reverants and I can't wait to find out more.



8 comments:

  1. I loved the Reverents! It was a new idea that kept me interested. I am dying to go to Paris. I loved the setting and I loved Vincent and Jules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all of the boys in this series. I could just hug them all to death! And the reverants were certainly something new :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh... I've had to book for what seems like so long, but haven't read it. I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book, I loved it! I hope you do too :)

      Delete
  3. !!!!!!!!! I have this on my kindle and seriously need to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely bump it up your list. It was pretty awesome.

      Delete
  4. Ahh this has been on my to-read pile since forever! Is it bad I want to read this just because it's set in Paris? LOL I'm so glad you liked it. Makes me more excited to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my "to-read" pile forever too and I just happened to have a gift card and it was on sale, so I purchased it on a whim. I am so glad I did! I hope you like it too!

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.