Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (26)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by  MizB at Should be Reading.

To Participate you:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS
-Share the Title and Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR if the like your  teaser :)

This week's teaser comes from:

"It was one of those moments where everything is right in the world. The grasshoppers sung lazily around us, hidden in the unkempt prairie grass that shimmered blue and green in the gentle breeze. We were young, high, happy, and laying beneath a perfect blue sky with the sun hot above. The air nearly hummed with anticipation, the realization that endless possibilities lay ahead of us, each of them offering nothing but freedom, excitement and abundant happiness. I grinned, lit a cigarette and shut my eyes.

I would take all they had to offer."


This is definitely a longer teaser than I usually give. But I really liked it and I wanted to share the whole thing. It came from the first chapter as I just started reading this book, but I am already looking forward to what lies in store :).

What are you teasing this week?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful teaser. I haven't heard of this one before...

    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) I never heard of it till just a few days ago when I asked to review it haha.

      Delete
  2. That sounds great! I am adding it to my list now. Here is my tt http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-82812.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I'll have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, I'm really liking it so far :).

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.